An Oscar Worthy Desk
While a heart of gold is something to admire in the rest of the world, in Hollywood it’s all about the gold statue - winning an Oscar is the pinnacle of success in The Golden State. So let’s look at how the gold Academy Award can be reflected in gold accessories for the work-desk where we all want to succeed.
For every Oscar-nominated film, there’s a corresponding desk accessory to consider.
1. Gone With the Wind. Nothing will be blown away by the wind if you get these adorable paperclips by Kate Spade.
2. The Razor’s Edge. This elegant peacock letter opener from Jonathan Adler is far superior in function and looks than any ordinary razor’s edge opener. I have this at home and it looks beautiful by itself on the entryway console.
3. The Hours. Opt for a traditional clock with a feminine, whimsical edge.
4. Cleopatra. Not only is this snake a fun talking-point, but it’s a magnifying glass for those times you don’t want to reach for your reading glasses but can’t read the fine print.
5. The Sound of Music. Dock your iphone or iPad on this gold accessory and listen to your music, or just charge your gadget, all with elegance.
6. Silver Linings Playbook. OK, so this Kate Spade one is lined with gold polka-dots, but it can still serve as your work-notebook for all your ideas.
7. Letters from Iwo Jima. From seeJanework.com comes this letter holder with an ampersand, heart or dots imprinted in gold.
8. The Reader. For the readers out there (and aren’t we all?!?) these gilded rock bookends are from Z Gallerie.
9. On Golden Pond. This S’well gold water bottle will look elegant on your desk while it reminds you to stay hydrated.
10. And don’t forget Chocolat. These chocolate truffles covered with edible gold and housed in an office-serious wooden box are the icing on the cake so to speak.
No one wins every time, but at least you can always feel like a winner when you surround yourself with touches of gold. And feeling like a winner is half the battle that leads you to success. Dress your playing field accordingly.
These are all great golden ideas. Very Oscar worthy indeed!
Ooohhh, golden chocolates! Yum! I saw that movie by the way, Chocolat with Johnny Depp 🙂
These are actually unique ideas, and I must admit, I really had no idea those were paper clips (picture 1).
I’d be gifting those box of chocolates to Leonardo DiCaprio after his much-awaited and deserving win at the Oscars! If only I could get close to him. Yay!
I didn’t realize those were paper clips. Cool!
I actually love those letter holders. Would you believe that I still write to my friends abroad via snail mail? I think written notes and messages are still the best letters I have and will ever receive.
Yes, I agree with everyone. These are indeed great classic gifts that would look great in my office.
Great golden ideas! My sister would love these, especially the snakelike magnifying glass, very unique. She collects golden items 🙂
The snakeskin magnifying glass is also one of my favourites.
These are fine art pieces. Quite unique, too, I must say. The golden chocolates are my favorites, yum!
Chocolat.. Chocolate.. Johnny Depp. Winner!
Those are paper clips? Wow, I didn’t realize that. It’s cool!
Chocolates are sure winner, that I am certain of.
These are rather unique and interesting gifts. My bestriend would surely love the little gold book ;0)
Those are paper clips? Now that’s what I call artistic..
That elegant looking peacock letter opener is WOW! I haven’t seen anything like it!
Wow, that peacock letter opener is a masterpiece, I’ve never seen anything like it!
All these golden pieces would look great in my office too. Thanks for sharing your essentials, Heidi
Comments are closed.